Deep Learning is ushering in a sea change in the way we build software. Andrew Ng famously refers to AI as the "New Electricity": a change destined to become as ubiquitous as electricity, imbued in every product around us, that will revolutionize how we interact with technology.
The Future of Deep Learning Is In Edge Devices
1) Apple's new NPU chip - specialized for Deep Learning - features a 60x increase over the 2017 model. We're just in the opening rounds of specialized hardware bringing AI to your computer and phone.
2) Consumers are more conscious of privacy than ever before. Techniques that can keep Deep Learning on-device, without ever hitting a remote server, allow you to leverage Deep Learning techniques without handling people's data.
3) Many types of sensor data - video, audio, or cutting-edge AR and VR techniques - are too big and slow to send back and forth to a remote server for realtime processing. Leveraging Deep Learning in the browser lets you handle sensor data in realtime with no lag.
What This Book Covers
This book includes:
* An overview of how Deep Learning works, various approaches and when to use them
* Techniques for manipulating, cleaning, and processing datasets, and how to effectively work with smaller datasets
* How Image Recognition works, and how to interpret what a Neural Network "sees" when it looks at an image
* How to effectively train a model in your browser, and tune it for better performance
* How to take models built by others and leverage them in your apps, tweaking them for your specific use case
* A step-by-step walkthrough of how to build an Image Classifier in your browser, from scratch
What happens after I purchase?
You'll get an email delivery with the PDF, Kindle (.mobi), and .epub files. You'll also be subscribed to receive future updates of the book for free.
Do I need a math or statistics background to use this book?
No! Math or Statistics background is not required. We will touch on theory as it applies to the Deep Learning models you will build, but there will be little-to-no math or statistics.
What if this book is too advanced for me?
Unlimited money-back guarantee: if you're not happy with your purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get your money back, no questions asked (well, I will ask you how the book could be improved!)
What if this book is not advanced enough for me?
Take advantage of the unlimited money-back guarantee!
What if I buy this book today, and next year it's out of date?
Buying the book today guarantees you unlimited access to future updates in digital format.
Also, though the tools will change, the basics of building a Neural Network and techniques for training and tuning will stay the same.